Monday, February 13, 2006

Black dress, black tube, blue jeans with black elastic ribbing

A curly top Baby who has been so busy at law school came by and spent the weekend. We had so much fun. Nothing much can truly describe happiness. She called a few hours ago because the friend that we were talking about the last few days had died of a heart failure. She was twenty-two.

Curly Top called and wailed. She wailed so loud over my celphone. Eternal sobs. Having experienced so much death myself, I just told her to breathe. I took a long hot bath and paced in my room in a yellow towel. What do you really wear to see the dead?

I wanted to feel casual about it so I put on my jeans. I wanted to show my grief so I wore a black sleeveless shirt dress. I wanted to layer the outfit so I wore a black tube with buttons running down in front like a strapless vest. (It sounds like a terrible combination. Well this is a terrible and confusing time.)

Then I waitied for Curly Top to come by and fetch me. Waited for some news of where, when and how and why. My newly shampooed hair was cold on my back. I couldn't identify sickness from sadness.

2 comments:

kukote said...

offtopic: just blog hopping!

Peachy said...

Ricci: Ned and I plan to meet up this Saturday, along with the rest of our co-fellows. Wanna jowen us? Hehehe. I'd love it if you could!