Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Introducing my American Cocker Spaniel, Emily Dickinson




Went to Baguio over the weekend to pick her up. She is an an American Cocker Spaniel with a show dog mother (28 red marks). She has the same eyes as Emily Dickinson sans her name. I've had her for four days now. Everyday is a relearning of trust and unconditional love.

Before the trip back to Manila, she stepped into her own doggie bag without any urging. I snuck her onto the Dagupan Bus and she was quiet all though out the trip. She didn't fuss.

The things I've learned: She wants to eat at 6 am and 8 pm. Puppy Power begins at 4 pm and ends at 6 pm. She has taken over the garden. I was afraid she'd wreck the plants but she seems to be a gentle dog. She occasionally chews a leaf or two of mint and laurel. But that might just be an Italian past life. Her sacred space is between my lavander urn and white rose pot.

1 comment:

padma said...

She's adorable! Sniff, I miss having furry animals around me. May I put a link to your blog on mine?