Thursday, April 20, 2006

Before the April 4 Likhaan Teachers Conference on Creative Writing

Took my boots out of the shoe rack. The boots are out! The boots are out! It is time to start walking. The official schedule is out. The unofficial schedule is in the heart.

I’’m going to Baguio as an observer, a teacher. To a Creative Writing Teachers Conference. I’m excited. It’s part of an evolution. It’s a commitment to a vocation. I am always thrilled about the chance to do better.

Of course there is the bonus of coming home to my Baguio family for a few days. Two of my friends offered me a free ride to Baguio on the fourth. One is a Blissful Vegetarian. One is a happy carnivore. Both of them are leaving at separate times.

If the seminar wasn’t going to start on the fourth, I would’ve been so happy to take any of these roadtrips.

Always, before a trip, laundry. Planning which clothes to bring, to wear. My fingers are water logged. But that flutter inside me hasn’t been washed away.

I’m packing the camping stove too. And the mini blender. The portable pots and pans. I might sneak a fabulous stir fry at night. Or an indulgent strawberry smoothie.

Hmmmm. the humming. Hmmm. Until the world dissolves.

No comments: